Having learnt about Carding Mill Valley in our geography lesson today, the children are very excited for our trip! Here are a few reminders of what the children will need to wear and take.
• light layers that will fit in a backpack if taken off,but will keep child warm
• leggings, shorts or jogging bottoms (depending on the weather)
• no jeans if possible (they will get very wet and take a long time to dry off)
• footwear that can get wet and will be appropriate for rocky footpaths (preferably trainers that can be securely fastened to ensure safety, but otherwise wellies)
• a light backpack containing lunch and a snack,waterproof coat and water bottle(s) – no cartons/capri-sun please as these can’t be resealed for later. This bag will be carried all day so should be as light as possible. Children will need their hands free for climbing and carrying out activities along our walk so a backpack(drawstring PE bag is fine) is preferable.
• spare socks and footwear in a carrier bag (not in their backpack as these will be left on the coach)
• a strong, thick plastic bag for grass sledging (optional and only if the ground is dry)
• sun cream and sunhat (weather permitting)